We've put together some handy tips & tools to help you organise and promote fundraising events for Duchenne Now.
What can I arrange or get involved in?
- Be creative – Give people something fun and original
to do. Think about the best time to hold your event
and give yourself plenty of time to plan.
- Look on the internet at organised sporting events,
register for a place and raise money for Duchenne Now.
- Look at existing community events including Village
Fetes, School Fairs, Carboot Sales etc... and see if you
can get a table to sell items, do a tombola or a small
raffle for Duchenne Now.
- Contact local shops, hairsressers, beauticans etc... and
see if they would donate any prizes.
- Get ideas for events from the Duchenne Now Facebook group www.facebook.com/groups/duchennenow/ or from this site.
Get the word out
- Social networking will help you get your event in front thousands of people. Set up an event page so you can promote your event, invite people to attend and update people on event details etc...
- Set up a personalised fundraising page at Justgiving.com. Simply go to start fundraising and set up your page for Duchenne Now.
- Promote your event through posters and leaflets in your local area. Look at the templates section.
- Make it personal so people know why they are supporting you.
- Contact your local press, radio and TV to see if they will cover your story and event.
Help and Support
- Every penny donated to Duchenne Now goes directly to fund trials and research to find treatments for this generation living with Duchenne. Let your supporters know that they are truly helping to make a difference.
- All Duchenne Now overaheads are covered by a generous corporate supporter meaning every penny donated genuinely does make a difference.
- Request merchandise for your event by using the merchandise request form.
- Contact us on 01706 693399 and let us know what you are planning, we will also include your event on our events calendar.
- Take pictures at your event.
- Say thank you to everybody who has helped and supported your event.